Saturday, July 17, 2010

First Fertility Appointment

On Thursday, July 15th, my fiance and I attended our first fertility appointment. We chose Dr. Rein with Mass General Hospital.
I was extremely excited and nervous, of course.

My history was discussed, as was his. He's in this as well, of course!

I was told that my age was on my side, which is a bonus. However, I'm experiencing amenorrhea, with cycles ranging from 60 to, currently, it's been...yikes, 111 days. And, well, we know that's not good at all when trying for a baby.

His analysis is next week, and me....well, I'm a little annoyed that I have yet to hear back on results from my blood tests. They drew a shocking 6 1/2 tubes of blood, so I'm anxiously awaiting any answers.
As long as everything checks out all right, I'll be put on a week-long prescription medication (the name eludes me at the moment) to hopefully force Aunt Flo to come visit. :x
After this, they'll be doing an HSG and other tests to determine my fertility, etc.

What's fantastic is that I found out that ALL infertility is covered 100% by my insurance, INCLUDING IVF, if need be. (Which it likely will be due to his past counts.)
Now, the sad side of this is that I was told I need to lose 30 lbs before they can actually begin any sort of treatment to help or make me conceive. :(
And so begins the long haul......


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment